What We Do
The Browser is creating a 21st century library of Writing Worth Reading.
We aim to help our readers discover the best writing available by recommending articles, interviews and books that are of interest to the intellectually curious reader.
Recommendations on The Browser are made by humans not software. We rely on the opinions of recognised experts (independent authorities and our in-house editors) when selecting the content we feature.
The Browser is not a news website. Our priority is to curate writing of lasting value – whatever its length or form.
All of the sections on our website are packed with engaging content and we invite readers to take their time in exploring our site.
Four of the most popular services that we provide are:
• Best Of The Moment: The best and most current articles of interest to the intelligent general reader as selected by our editors. Drowning in information? Read Best Of The Moment daily to find the opinion and analysis articles that matter.
• FiveBooks: Each day our editors interview a renowned authority who discusses his or her area of expertise and provides their choice of the best five books to read. Ever wondered what the experts read? FiveBooks has the answers.
• Reports: A collection of interviews, books and articles that serve as invaluable backgrounders on a given subject. Want to become an instant expert on everything from Islam to Cooking? Our reports will help.
• Browsings: Reader recommendations of articles and books. Want to share a link with other Browser readers and editors? Use Browsings to join the conversation and engage with our community.
Additional content appears within our section pages, curated by our editorial team.
We Also Offer
Our service is independent and we select content from the widest range of publications online – whether they are mainstream media or specialist blogs. It gives our editors special pleasure when they bring good but less-noticed writing to the attention of a wider audience.
All users are invited to post comments on our article selection and FiveBooks interviews. We encourage healthy debate, but reserve the right not to publish or to delete comments that are:
• prejudiced or offensive
• personally insulting to other commenters
• spam, or personal adverts
• identical comments on multiple stories
• ALL CAPS
The rules above also apply to comments on our Facebook page.